Microsoft released the final version of Windows 8 to developers through MSDN and or Technet subscriptions last week.  So I quickly logged into Technet and downloaded Windows 8 Enterprise.
I’ve been using the Consumer Preview version since they released it and was anxious for the final version.  Everything installed as expected and was working great.

Until I went to activate Windows that is.  It wouldn’t activate and kept giving me an error “The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. (ox8007007B).”

I figured at first it was the firewall at my work, then I figured it must be because they were just a lot of people activating Windows.  But the problem continued.
I did some searching and found the following command which fixed the issue:

slmgr.vbs -ipk “Your product key here”

After putting in my product key using this, the activation went through no problem.
Unfortunately I can’t find the site where I found this command to give credit.